GAMERZ COMMUNITY™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BEWARE of FAKE MEMORY STICK PRO DUOS!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KILLALL
ELITE MOD
ELITE MOD
KILLALL

Male
Number of posts : 85
Job/hobbies : electronic engineering
Humor : -_- What u think !! LOL
Am I legend? : NO!
Registration date : 2009-01-21

STATS
Power:
BEWARE of FAKE MEMORY STICK PRO DUOS!!! Left_bar_bleue100/100BEWARE of FAKE MEMORY STICK PRO DUOS!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

BEWARE of FAKE MEMORY STICK PRO DUOS!!! Empty
PostSubject: BEWARE of FAKE MEMORY STICK PRO DUOS!!!   BEWARE of FAKE MEMORY STICK PRO DUOS!!! EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 10:07 pm

The other day i bought a 16GB Memory stick PRo duo from EBAY. Everything about the memorystick listing looked genuine. Proper packaging, logos ect. But it turned out to be a counterfeit. The fake memory sticks will look almost exactly like a genuine memory stick with a few packaging differences.

The fakes wont last long before it corrupts all of your save data my saves have corrupted twice. ALSO it will not allow you to play game ISOS properly.

HOW TO DISCOVER IF YOUR MEMORY STICK IS FAKE!

The easiest way to know if it is not a genuine sony memory stick is while it is in your psp.

1)Go to MUSIC
2)Scroll Down to where is says memory stick and press triangle.
3) click on information

You should see the following
USER CAPACITY GB or MB
FREE SPACE....... GB or MB
MAGIC GATE SUPPORTED

*If beside the magic gate says SUPPORTED then your memory stick is GENUINE, IF IT SAYS NOT SUPPORTED OR UNKNOWN then you may just have a FAKE.

*Also if you look at the code on the back of the memory card where it says MSX-whatever ALL OF THE S's in the code should be ITALIC but the others letters should be normal font!!!!

EXAMPLE: MSX-M1GST =Genuine
MSX-M1GST = FAKE

*ALSO KNOW THIS if you see a 16GB memory stick duo for a cheap price such as $40.00 (US) then its probable not genuine and wont last or do what you need it to do. You get what you pay for !

BY the way I handled the guy from ebay and he is sending my money back as well as a new 16GB memory stick(probable another fake but at least i will have my money)
Back to top Go down
DEADLYGIRL
WEBMASTER
WEBMASTER
DEADLYGIRL

Female
Number of posts : 149
Am I legend? : legend at being a noob so... yes!
Registration date : 2008-10-19

STATS
Power:
BEWARE of FAKE MEMORY STICK PRO DUOS!!! Left_bar_bleue100/100BEWARE of FAKE MEMORY STICK PRO DUOS!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: BEWARE of FAKE MEMORY STICK PRO DUOS!!!   BEWARE of FAKE MEMORY STICK PRO DUOS!!! EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 2:05 am

Tell me about it!!i paid for a 4gb on ebay, it wasent eveb 1gb.. and it looked just like a 4gb 
Back to top Go down
http://deadlygamer.darkbb.com
KILLALL
ELITE MOD
ELITE MOD
KILLALL

Male
Number of posts : 85
Job/hobbies : electronic engineering
Humor : -_- What u think !! LOL
Am I legend? : NO!
Registration date : 2009-01-21

STATS
Power:

PostSubject: Re: BEWARE of FAKE MEMORY STICK PRO DUOS!!!   BEWARE of FAKE MEMORY STICK PRO DUOS!!! EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 8:05 am

DEADLYGIRL wrote:
Tell me about it!!i paid for a 4gb on ebay, it wasent eveb 1gb.. and it looked just like a 4gb

Yes same with me, the 16GB I bought had only 14GB !

Thats another way of knowing if it is fake >format the memory stick and check the storage capacity. The counterfeit memory stick will have less memory than a genuine. ALSO, the FAKES read alot slower than a genuine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BEWARE of FAKE MEMORY STICK PRO DUOS!!!   BEWARE of FAKE MEMORY STICK PRO DUOS!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

BEWARE of FAKE MEMORY STICK PRO DUOS!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GAMERZ COMMUNITY™ :: PSP :: PSP NEWS :: PSPNEWS-
Jump to: